Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Brushed metallics


I love anything with a bit of shine, so it goes without saying that I love the Stampin' Up brushed metallic cardstock. I used the gold cardstock in the card above, along with the stamp sets, Great Friend, All Scallops, and Haiku designer paper and Tangerine Ribbon and a tiny bit of pumkin pie cardstock for warmth.




For this card I used the copper cardstock. I love, love this colour, and think it needs very little to look great, so I just used a piece of chipboard On Board So Tweet for embellishment with gemstone brads and the stamp from Its your Birthday. For the chipboard I covered it in Staz On ink then coated the piece with Crystal Effects to give it the glossy finish. If you are going to try this, make sure you allow lots of time for chipboard to dry, preferably overnight, so you don't damage it with your finger prints. I say this with experience on my side, as my impatience has ruined many a piece over the years!
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: