Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

'Girls Night In' Success

We held our annual Girls Night In fundraiser on Saturday, so I thought I would share a few photos from the day. We had a terrific day, and managed a huge $1,325.00 from the exercise. So a massive thankyou to all those that made this possible.
The pic above shows the lucky door prize tickets everyone received as they walked in. I had a few questions about the sticks I used and they were from Ikea (my favourite storage store). Can not remember how much they were, but they were very inexpensive. As I had to make 60 of these, they were designed to be quick and easy to whip up, and were something a little different from a boring old raffle ticket. Now we couldn't have that, could we?

Now onto the cards we all made on the day. This card was super simple and only took minutes to assemble. I just added some glitter to mine when I got home. Have I told you I looooove glitter!

A quick christmas one using the delightful decorations stamp and matching punch. This is one of the bundles this month which includes a free roll of ribbon. Once again I added some glitter when I got home with some thin double sided tape. Are you surprised?

This card was actually a case from the lovely Jayne Mercer. I just loved the use of the border punch down the side and the petal a plenty embossing folder strip.

Another christmas one using lots of punching and my new favourite colour, cherry cobler.

Everyone got to make one of these easy pouches in varied colours. I love the look of them all together. Wouldn't they look great on a dinner table together....

This easy card I think was my favourite of the day. I just love the A to Z stamp in the background. Its so understated but just adds the right amount of detail and interest to what could very easily be a very boring card. I played around with this card and came up with some variations on it, which I'll post shortly.

And this is all of us at the end of a tiring day, after packing up in the rain, hair frizzy, but really happy that the day worked out so well. You know, Friday night I was convinced I was never going to do this again, but come Sunday, I have already started planning the next one.

Congratulations to all those that took home baskets full of prizes - and I think that was most of you.
I hope you all had a splendid time. And a special thanks to those that could not make it on the day but donated anyway. Lets hope the Cancer Council uses the money in a way that can benefit us all.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

WOW stuning cards Michelle, I'm glad it was a great success.
Rach:)

Girls Night In said...

Nice blog, your blog is really very informative for hen party, if any bodies want to know more information then visit: girls night in